Coast to Coast
Click on photos to enlarge.
The business opened as a Coast to Coast store on February 2, 1937, with James and Ruby Murphy, and Ruby's brother Arthur Riherd helping them. It was in the Axler Building, which is the innermost building (right in picture).
Shortly after Arthur returned from the war in 1946, they broke through the wall into the middle building to expand and sell furniture and appliances.